Click to contact

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Barry Williams accepts Danny Bonaduce 'Bigfoot' rematch 'on one condition: I can kick his butt'

Barry Williams gets his chance to take down Danny Bonaduce!

The two actors were among ABC's most popular stars of family-friendly sitcoms in the late '60s and early '70s, Bonaduce as precocious Danny on "The Partridge Family" and Williams as earnest Greg on "The Brady Bunch." Their paths crossed memorably in the 2002 premiere of FOX's short-lived (as in, two episodes) "Celebrity Boxing," with Bonaduce pretty much ruling their bout.
On Saturday (June 30), they're back together in "Bigfoot," a new Syfy movie that makes them opponents again, this time in pursuit of the title creature. Other notables are involved -- Howard Hesseman ("WKRP in Cincinnati") and rock icon Alice Cooper are among co-stars, and actor Bruce Davison ("X-Men") is the director -- but there's no question the Bonaduce vs. Williams rematch is the main event.
"I felt terrible," Bonaduce tells Zap2it of the outcome of their meeting a decade ago. "I box, and I had boxed for years. It was a good payday, but trainers and other people I knew said, 'Hey, he's gotten himself into a situation. You've got to carry him a bit.' But boxing is kind of a dirty business, and he was going to a real gym, where champions of the world train."
In a separate interview, Williams maintains he "got in a lick or two" during the bout but admits, "Danny dominated the fight. I've got to tell you, on both a personal and professional level, that was not very comfortable for me ... so when they approached me about being an adversary of Danny's in 'Bigfoot,' I said, 'I'll do it on one condition: I can kick his butt.' And I do. And he was great about it." src: Zap2it
 The Deadbolt also reminds of the celebrity boxing match and with a nod to how both actors have moved on to make the SyFy Bigfoot movie.

By Jay Bobbin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...