Click to contact

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Bigfoot Eats sheep in California!


This allegedly occurred in 1966 in Mendocino County California, near the town of Albion, very close to the Albion river. I'm not familiar with the area, but some of you may know the general area. Anyway, here is the link:


http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=8059

I have been thinking a lot about how sasquatch hunt large game. Up until this point I have believed that it is unlikely that animals such as deer, sheep, elk, etc. make up a large portion of the sasquatch diet year-round. My main thought was that a bigfoot could not run down a deer, despite what some reports have stated, although others have contended that they herd them towards the hunter, who is hidden.


The report I referenced describes two teenagers viewing two sasquatch chase a penned herd of approximately 50 sheep from a distance of less than 200 yards. Given the elapsed time it is not surprising that the witness could not remember seeing the sasquatch actually kill any of the sheep, and she also stated that the entire event lasted maybe 20 minutes. Here is what I've gleaned from the report:

The two sasquatch stayed a relatively good distance away from one another and attempted to herd one sheep at a time into a corner. The two teens did not find out until the next day that many sheep were slaughtered. Something that is very intriguing, and I've heard this before, is that the only parts of the sheep that were taken or eaten were the organs, or soft tissue. The description leads me to believe that maybe 2 or 3 organs/parts were taken per sheep that was killed.

The fact that so much of the sheep is wasted, over multiple kills too, bothers me quite a bit. Especially considering that this behavior has been evidenced by deer carcasses that have turned up. In the case of very fast ungulates, why would sasquatch expend the energy necessary to run a deer down if it is just going to waste most of it? I understand why these certain pieces are eaten, but does the reward justify the work invested if the animal actually had to be chased down by a lone individual sasquatch?

The fact that so many sheep were killed is understandable since such a small amount of food was taken from each animal. So how would this translate to something like deer? Granted, the sheep were penned up as well. I think this line of reasoning supports my previous claim that animals such as deer do not make up a large portion of the sasquatch diet, apart from roadkill, stealing them, etc...

If obtaining deer were extremely easy for a sasquatch, I also do not see why they would ever attempt to steal a hunter's wounded deer, since they have to think they are somewhat at risk knowing what the hunter can do to the deer. I think they get that guns can hurt them. Well, some of the sasquatch probably get this, but it is possible others just associate the sound of gunfire with a wounded or dead deer. But they must have been watching and waiting for the hunter to shoot the deer, since they are in the right spot to retrieve it, which implies that they know what a gun does. Besides the cases of blind luck, where a wounded deer simply runs into them that is.

Anyway, my point was this behavior is risky, and this tells us that though this is the case, it is easier for a sasquatch to utilize this method rather than easily chase down a deer. And yes, I know, there are a couple of points in this thread that are fallacious, but there are just so many unknowns at this point, and I am just chancing on what is likely sasquatch behavior. You guys know how it is, lol. Now on to the herding aspect for deer...The physical work is probably less intensive when working in a group in such a manner, but in this case precision is needed. Not to mention speed.

Basically, I don't think sasquatch is fast enough to catch a deer. If it was, why not just chase it and catch it, instead of herding it? It does save some energy, but there is also much less risk of the animal breaking away. At least in my opinion. With all of these possibilities, coupled with purported behavior, does the community think it is possible to support my opinion that sasquatch do not hunt, kill, and consume deer that often? I would speculate that they do this no more than once per month, and probably even less. But, if I am wrong, which is probably the case, I bet I am wrong by a huge factor. If this is the case, a sasquatch family probably kills 4 deer per week.

But the fact that so many nutritious plants and other organic food is available to them could possibly reduce the need for meat. Eating just the organs seems to be behavior that is geared toward obtaining a very specific type of nutrition, one that they cannot get elsewhere in large enough quantities. I am not really disputing that they eat other animals, as their sheer size attests to them intaking a larger amount of calories than plants alone could possibly provide. But how much of their body mass is insulating fat? Nutrition questions like these are at the heart of the problem, and although I personally can only speculate, perhaps there is someone out there who knows more than me from 1st hand experience.

Sorry for basically rambling and not really laying out my ideas in a cohesive manner, and I apologize as well for not extending or elaborating on some of the avenues I was aiming toward, as this thread is already way too long since I haven't really said anything definitive....lol. That makes me feel bad, haha. I get through typing all this, basically just thinking out loud, not really aiming at a point with the majority of my ideas, and I'm ready to submit and I realize that I haven't really said anything worthwhile. Mostly this is just obvious stuff I would think, but hopefully I presented something in a different light for someone, so at least one person can benefit from this wall of text. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...