Click to contact

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Giving Bigfoot "Blobsquatch" photos some love!

This is a cool article about the difference between the Human Eye and a cell phone camera!! 



Blobsquatch Lament


I get it, I totally get it.
Finally, I understand the pain someone feels when they are out innocently walking along minding their own business and they see something strange, something that NOBODY will ever believe. Like … say … your average Sasquatch. So quick as lightening you whip out your cell phone to photograph this unbelievable scene and prove to the world that A) Bigfoot does exist, and 2) you are not making it up.
But the photos never, never show the scene as it appears to your naked eyes. Never. Oh sure a National Geographic photographer with a million dollar camera set-up who is purposefully photographing nature can get reasonably close to real-life. But your average person caught unaware with a cell phone? Forget it.

Hence the “blobsquatch” phenomena — the hopelessly blurry or overly pixelated blowups that look nothing like the grandeur of the living myth you’ve just witnessed. In fact, the crap images are usually so unrecognizable that the poor witness is forced to draw a red outline via photoshop just to point out where in the image the Bigfoot is supposed to be.
Something similar happened to me last weekend. No, I didn’t see a Bigfoot. But I did see a fox:
 
Do you see it?
Here, does this help?
 
You see, I live in south Indiana, and all my life I’ve been told that the Fox is native to my area. But I have NEVER seen one in the wild, never. After 40-some years of never seeing such a critter I began to seriously doubt that foxes do in fact inhabit Indiana. But then, totally unexpected, during a morning stroll I saw one. It was across a cow field, and frolicking. Actually frolicking like a Disney cartoon. Now it may not sound like a big deal to you, but to me this was unbelievable. I was seeing something I had convinced myself I’d never see. So, of course, I wanted to get a picture! And all I had on me was my cheap ‘lil Samsung I got free from Verizon. Let me just say, it’s great at making calls, but this phone sucks when it comes to fox reconnaissance.
The frustrating this is — the image on my cell phone is NOT how it looked to my naked eye! The fox I saw was SO clear and large, full of detail and color. And in 3-d!!  I mean, the view from my eyes totally rocked! It totally put those blue Pandora Avatar smurf-people to shame.
But you’d never know that from looking at my photo.
So, I guess what I’m saying is to the Bigfoot photogs, I get it.  I totally get it when a Bigfoot eyewitness feels the frustration of trying to explain how amazing the “what-ever-it-was” they saw really and truly was. Because a picture never does it justice, especially from a cell phone.
And you know, all the Bigfoot DNA studies that are supposed to be coming out any day now do not excite me. Because what I really want are photos. That’s all, pretty pictures, zoomed-in and in focus. Something I can make a coffee table book out of from snapfish.
And for that, well, I guess we’re all gonna need better cameras.

 original post--here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...