Click to contact

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Possible Bigfoot encounter in Mississippi.


Check out this interesting article about an EMT in Mississippi who had a very strange encounter with a 7 foot beast which some are dubbing as "Morpheus" The Mississippi Monster!

A few weeks ago I was contacted by a Mississippi EMT named Drew Cherry who wanted to tell me of his encounter with some type of creature the locals have dubbed "Morpheus". The following is the original email I received.

"It's too much to type really because I'm fixing to go to sleep but we were campin out one weekend (I live in Mississippi) and woke up Saturday morning and hit the river early. About a 1/2 mile down the river with my friends I went to go get a beer, I though a friend was following me through the woods and didn't think about the noises I kept hearing and kept walking. After so long I turned around, this thing about 15ft before me was big as shit not fat but just tall and it had a face like a tree and moved faster than anything I had ever seen. It was dirty like not muddy more like it had been sleeping in a dried up dirt hole or something more like powdered dirt and it just stood there 1/2 way behind a tree. Well I freaked the hell out and ran- through briars, limbs, bushes, dove through mid puddles, I ran for my fuckin life man. I was barefoot, free ballin with board shorts. I got cut up, almost lost a toe and alot of stuff.... Finally got thru the woods got to my car and left. I was hysterical, every time I turned around he was right behind me like not on my back but like 25-30 ft back it's like he was just watching me. I finally worked up the nerve to tell someone and figured they'd think I'm crazy... Well the person I told's daddy is a game warden here, he said he got a bunch of crazy reports and went out to camp there, people were talking about seeing crazy shit and half eaten squirrels etc. he said he saw something jumping from tree to tree bigger than a man. They just call it Morpheus for short cos we don't know what it is!!!"

Below is an interview I conducted with the witness as well as pictures of the injury he sustained while trying to flee the creature.

1.) Can you tell us your name and a little about yourself?

My name is Drew Cherry, I'm a 21 year old EMT from Carthage MS.

2.) You aren't scared of revealing your identity, why?

Because I told all of my friends when it happened anyway...

3.) What was the day and time of the sighting?

June 28th or so 2011 at around 430 in the day

4.) Can you describe the location of the sighting?

Battle Bluff. It's an area of lobutcha creek between Carthage and Edinburg we swim at.

5.) Can you describe the events that led up to the sighting?

We were swimming down river when I noticed we had forgotten our coolers and food alone unattended. I made back for our camp beside the river by myself. I heard something creeping up on me and shrugged it off as it was my friend messing with me.

6.) Where you alone at the time of your sighting or where there other witnesses?

So to speak, I was by myself when I saw it but when I made it out of the woods there were people there that got to see me scared shitless

7.) Where you intoxicated at the time of the sighting? (Sorry, I have to ask.)

No

8.) About how tall do you think the creature was?

Taller than the average human! Looked like at least 7'. I know shit looks bigger when you're scared but that doesn't make it seem any smaller.

9.) Are you able to estimate the creature's weight?

Heavy...

10.) Can you provide a good description of the creature's features? For example, was the creature covered in hair?

It looked like it was covered in mud, like dark brown powder or something because it blended in with the tree it was beside. It almost looked like it had some kind of clothes on but that would be absurd to think. It all happened so fast and everyone tried to tell me I was fucked up or high but I don't smoke pot!!! It had a face like tree bark and a blank stare. I made eye contact and didn't understand what I was looking at. In nature animals look at you out of fear, humans (most humans) look at each other as equals, this thing looked at me like it was learning, and not scared

11.) Do you believe the creature was a Bigfoot or would you lean toward it being something far stranger?

It's not that I don't believe in Sasquatch, the evidence for the species far outweighs why so many people would reach out to get their stories told for just publicity, but I don't think it was Bigfoot.

12.) Where you armed at the time of the sighting? If yes, where you able to get a shot?

That's a funny question. I had just brought a .357 ross snug nose revolver to the camp with me and it got stolen that day. I left it in the tent so no a

13.) Have you attempted to go back to the scene? If so, where you able to locate any trace evidence indicating that the creature was definitely at the scene, such as prints or tracks, broken branches, etc.?

No, I got the hell out of dodge.

14.) Can you describe the wounds you received while attempting to flee the creature? Did you require medical attention?

Just scratches and stuff from clearing a path through the woods. I ran trough brush that would've made the warrior dash look easy. I remember trudging through the briars looking back, my friends said they could hear me yelling as I ran through them... I got a toe hung in a root and almost jerked it off. I swear I wouldn't have stopped if I had

15.) Looking back, do you believe the creature was a threat, wasaggressive and meant you harm or would you describe the creature as just being curious?

I know by the size of it and how fast it moved it could've messed me up like a soup sandwich, but it didn't. Maybe it's because it saw I was unarmed and wasn't dumb enough to pick up a stick so it didn't perceive me as a threat. I didn't shout at it or swing at it, I just ran. It's hard to perceive something as a threat when it's running from you

16.) Can you tell us a little about how the creature received the nick-name 'Morpheus'?

That's what some of my friends called it, I'll ask them and get back with you.

17.) Where you made aware of additional sightings of the creature by any of your friends or acquaintances?

Yes, they said game wardens got weird calls to come down there. I'll get back with you ASAP about the circumstances.

18.) Do you believe that the creature is an escaped or misplaced known animal or would you lean toward the creature being something that is currently unknown to science?

I think it's unknown or some dude from wrong turn

19.) Do you believe there is a chance that the creature was actually a camouflaged hunter?

Hell no. Wrong time of year anyway, no one would be in the woods there either, it's too hot to hunt in the middle of summer.

20.) Do you believe this creature is a threat to humans? Or would you lean toward the notion that humans are a threat to it's existence?

I think we're more of a threat to it

21.) Have you had any additional sightings or encounters with the creature?

Not me personally. I've heard of others seeing it before.

22.) What would you say to people who may be skeptical of your story?

It's really hard for a mentally healthy young adult with no abuse, drug abuse, or any past traumatic events to mentally fabricate an entire being there before him in the woods. Now, to have a strange sighting is one thing, but to run from it and to continually turn around and see it behind you over and over is another. How do you explain that... When your mind plays tricks on you things move, walls move in, noises are louder, shades do things. Trees don't distort themselves to human forms and stick one limb in front of the other.

 
Drew had this to say additionally:
 
"I'm tryin to get the wardens info from his son in law now. I know this probably sounds crazy but more I think about it the less I remember. His eyes looked bigger than human but not much bigger... His eyes looked dark like brownish or so. He moved faster than anything I've ever seen before like 2x faster than anyone I've ever seen run. When I first caught a glimpse of him coming behind me he ran from right to left and all I saw was a blur, then left to right coming more towards me. Then up to the tree I looked and saw him behind. I'll let you know as soon as I get the wardens info (I hope he will talk to you)"
 
When I asked further about receiving the warden's contact info, this is what Drew responded with:
 
"I wrote him, he said its name was in fact morpheous and it was part man dog cat or some bs... I asked him about the warden but he never wrote back, I tried calling he didn't answer. Ima pop up by his house soon. My friend is a highway patrol man and he called and told me he picked up some hitch hikers that were headed to new Orleans, they told him Before the made out to the Mississippi line in Alabama some cannibals attacks and tried to eat them" 
 
Below are the pictures of Drew's injuries he sustained while fleeing the creature.
  


So what did EMT, Drew Cherry see? I can't say. However, if any readers have had similar strange encounters in that part of Mississippi and would like to share their story then please email me at TheDemoniacal@yahoo.com
ORIGINAL ARTICLE---http://thedemoniacal.blogspot.com/ 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...