Click to contact

Thursday, August 16, 2012

South American Bigfoot and Patagonian Giants


South American Bigfoot and Patagonian Giants

Original from http://frontiersofzoology.blogspot.com/
From Pearl Prihoda on Facebook:


And after I had added that one, I replied:
"Yes I saw that one before, very Bigfoot-y. I think I looked it over and finally decided it was like a Neanderthal, partly because of the big hands" This one is from Colombia, at the Northern end of South America, I think.
The Neanderthals actually did have rather outsized hands and feet for their size:


And then I was sent this independantly also on Facebook:

Check out this little article about the "Patagonian Giants", written about by both Ferdinand Magellan and Captain Cooke in their log books; Cooke claims to have captured a 9-foot specimen who burst free of his ropes and jumped overboard. Oddly, Patagonia was known as "Land of the Bigfoots" for a spell, there.
COINCIDENCE? YOU BE THE JUDGE!

Patagonian Giants  [link]
And I added as a reply:
There is an Abominable Snowman that leaves tracks up in the Andes and is well known for doing that: I have written about it on my blog before. But I tend to think the Patagonian Bigfoots are the same as our Eastern (North American) Bigfoots anyway. Some of the older accounts illustrate them as larger versions of European hairy Wild Men (Salvajes is the Spanish term, also used in South America). Oddly enough, that makes them possibly the same as the Basajaun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...